Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Middle School Library in Google SketchUp

msdiagram1      msdiagram2

I made myself a promise that at some point I would take the time to learn Google SketchUp.  Our Middle School is getting a new library next year and we needed to make a model to show teachers.   It is not drawn to scale or any of the thousand other things I’m sure it needs to have – but I’m proud of it.  Using the libraries of pre-created models was huge.  Google SketchUp feels much easier to use than I was expecting, although there is a definite learning curve (make sure to give yourself time to learn it).  I really like the ability to change the style of the sketch and to save different scenes and create an avi animation of your sketch – that way you don’t have to worry about messing up your zooming in a presentation!

--- Cross posted from http://katiechristo.edublogs.org ---

Technorati Tags: ,,,

No comments: