Friday, January 25, 2008

The Simpsons Math


I first started watching The Simpson when I was in middle school. I thought is was just a simple, funny cartoon. As I grew older, I realized the show was anything but simple. I started picking up on the quick humor and some of the references to every imaginable subject. Not all of the refences, some still go over my head.

Luckily for us, Dr. Sarah J. Greenwald, from Appalachian State University, and Dr. Andrew Nestler , from Santa Monica College, picked up on this too. They have created a website called Simpson Math

http://www.mathsci.appstate.edu/~sjg/simpsonsmath/


On the site you will find a guide to the math on The Simpsons, the mathmatical background of the shows writers, and even some activity sheets. You won't find any video clips, you will have to find those somewhere else.

No comments: